Wednesday 22 January 2014

Friends

Desire to do something should be kept alive by doing something.

20 years from now, when I look back to today, I would be less disappointed for the things I have done to keep this desire in me alive. I have done what I could do best, I have gathered no good names for myself but I have gathered a lot of courage to be myself.

I have given away my favorite toy to the one who never needed one, I have shared my love to the one who never loved back, I have promised to hold the hand of the one who is seven seas across the world and I have put all the effort to please all and got nothing in return.

I have offered them love to depend on me; I have cared for them to have faith on me and I am the one who have called them my friends to betray me.I might have not lost much, but a light inside me.

I have lost friends on the way of life, made enemies who are here to stay. Still when I look back, I am contented. I have done my part and owe nothing in return. Those times of hardship have only made me stronger, the bigger mistakes I have made have only transformed me to be wiser and my experience with them have given me the joy of looking back and telling myself what a fool I had been.


Friends I have lost and enemies I have made are the attributes who remind me of where I stand. They challenge me in what I am capable of. They remind me not to stop for them and they encourage me to keep going away to my destination. With them I know that I do not have to turn back now, my friend will be here to accompany me and the rest will step back.  They are the ones who remind me who to hold on to forever and who to call Friends. 

2 comments:

  1. F.R.I.E.N.D.S. are indeed an integral part of our lives. Cheers to them...Cheers to life! :) :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. You love them, you fight them, you oppose them, you defend them.... FAF
    You contest them, you endorse them, you trust them, you support them, you party together, you study all night, you dine together, you wine together, you bug them, you hug them... FAF

    ReplyDelete